Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6584
GRFS Ladder - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GRFS Ladder

Regular Visitor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I totally agree... and as for returning to a so called 10 min camp fest....... WHAT!!!!!!!!!,many a match has gone down to the dying seconds with both teams sitting waiting in anticipation knowing that any second the other team were gonna rush the base in a last ditch attempt to secure it.The tension builds to fever pitch waiting for each other to make a move,both teams planning the attack/defence its what makes recon,also you picked your class, you picked your gun and rest was skill and communication with your team not the bull**** xp gadget using gun upgrading bollocks we are saying now.Remember if the did not take the base........... THEY LOST!!!!!!!!.....SIMPLE.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sir SpankalotUK PSN ID: Sir_SpankalotUK Steam ID: sir_spankalotuk
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil llllllllll View Post
    thats abit harsh init!

where do you get off assuming what people think!

where does it say in any post someone is refusing to change!
    I am not assuming what people are thinking, I am merely responding to what people have said in this very thread, its a forum for discussion, I am taking part in that discussion.

how are people fickle!,where does anybody say they cant adapt!sorry fella but just because someone would like options in a game doesnt and shouldnt make you write childish up yourself comments.
    People have clearly stated in this thread that they want to be able to turn off the gadgets and play without them, ubisoft have completely changed the way the gadgets work in this game from previous installments. In previous games, a team would have the UAV regardless, now it is a decision by a player that has unlocked that ability to carry the UAV into battle, a player is vulnerable whilst piloting the drone, so you actively have a player sitting out the combat, in order to provide intelligence for his team, this brings in the communication part about talking to your team to provide intel on enemy movements. Redstorm have seen that people havent wanted the drone in previous games and worked out a new solution to attempt to bring them into the game.

gadgets integral eh..hows that! because ubi said so? thought admins were spose to be neutral..your comming across very pro ubi an narrow minded.
    where does it says I supposed to be neutral, I am still entitled to my opinion as much as you are.

gadgets were apart of previous recons..but no one used them out of single player..so i suppose i should go back to graw 2 eh,you seem like one of those comment makers.

I NEVER ONCE WHEN CHOOSING A GAME LOBBY VIA SEARCH HAD A ROOM WITH UAVs AND BLOODY GUN CAMERAS ETC...surely that was for a reason,all them thousands of players couldnt have been wrong!the game was set for tactical skill play.if ubi intended it or not thats what kept graw going,thats what made folk buy into the franchise.THEY HAD CHOICE..FACT.

so MOST people would like the option to turn them off..ok..how or why does that effect anybody!legit question? how does that have anything to do with DIE HARD gaming community!even new people to the frachise on ubis site say the same.WHY NO OPTIONS.
    think I have pretty much covered this above, as an engineer, I sacrifice higher powered weapons and grenades to carry the equipment I do into battle.

this is an open forum and you have the right to say what you want,but as an admin i think your patter stinks...i think you could be abit more constructive and not rude.

dont take this as an attack im not like that but you come across very smug which isnt realy on.
    patter stinks from 1 sentence?, you've called me rude and childish when I have been neither, you've just attacked me personally in some of your sentences rather than be constructive. I am not smug, just talking from experience and have been around in the community since the beginning.

without a shadow of a doupt with gadgets and counters they have taken the real skill away from players,opening the doors for the new breed of xp *****s...that will drop this game soon as halo or something mainstream comes along..halo

that is my opinon and the opinion of alot of others too,not just the DIE HARD players as you say but new players too who have went back and played graw2 to see what the crack was.

playing siege with these gadgets is plain stupid,especialy as the maps are way too small for such tom foolery.that is commen sense and my observation others may think different,fine.

where is the skill using gadgets..serious tell me..
    I take the opposite view that team work is a skill, hence why clan matches are such fun, covering people backs and the like. Ubisoft have very much taken the teamwork aspect and made it integral to the grfs experience. UAVs can be shot down, I have shot down loads myself in the beta, to try and hinder the enemy teams ability to gather intel. I still have to relay the position of camo'ed snipers to the team. This is a skill, having a reliable engineer on the team to provide intelligence, is why armies are using drones and uav's to gather intellience in real time.

the counter gadget argument doesnt work with me,there is no skill,they have dumbed the game down for the masses to make money,fine,but giving us people who would like the option to turn there tech off doesnt warrant you comment and has nothing to do with change.

the sad thing is it will be the DIE HARD graw players that keep this twisted relative to the ghost recon series alive.

i love this game,but i also aknowledge with gadgets its a poor exscuse for a TACTICAL shooter.
    You see this what I don't get about the community and to clarify the fickle comment I made earlier. Fans want a new game, then when a new games comes out they complain that they can't turn everything off to make it the way previous games were. Why should ubisoft attempt to innovate, when they could just strip back the graw2 game and make it weapons only? actually scrub that, you'd only be allowed to have 1 weapon in the game, so everyone is equal.

its the same as previous recons where gadgets are concerned,but having the choice to remove such things made it a great game,worthy of putting up with dirty cheats and bent refs in the late hrs of the night.

last man alive,one on one for the match..oh i will use my intel grenade lol..yeh fine they made it like this,but its weak and very kiddy.
    the element of suprise has been taken away from us.you can basicly sit and watch a red outline comming towards you.anyone with abit of integrity knows thats cheap.yeh counter,phff still weak
    sensor grenades dont quite work like that, a 50m radius for about 10 seconds, still wont tell you whats coming up behind you, or spot a camo'ed sniper, if you can't tell that your being detected and counter it, that doesn't make you a very good soldier, I am amazed sometimes that a team doesnt down my UAV the first chance they get. Having intel on your enemy and actively helping your team choose a different path to the objective is what tactical is all about, I personally don't want to see a return of the 10 camp fests that plagued previous games. Hence why there is no team death match in the game. Its all objective based to get teams engaging each other.

dont you think the graw 2 lobby/private system suited every player?the ability to choose who played,what guns,what cammo..the ability to boot someone whos a nob?these were fundemental to the lifespan of the gr series...so..its obvious players would feel robbed...

this game is good for what it is,sadly they would have done better if they didnt call it ghost recon...then folk wouldnt expect a better made more flexy product.

and your real life technology being used,lol,how many ubi promotion vids said that?and what has that to do with anything atall but you just filling in a space on a forum reply...how many army men can call in a nuke in real life after they have killed 25+ soldiers..come on.a games a game

the bottom line is easy for clan matches,get the team your playing to not use gadgets..then the game will be 10x better imo.
    As for the promo vids, I don't pay alot of attention to those. You should have been there talking to the redstorm developers, you might have a slightly different tune to what your saying now, redstorm have been working very closely with the US military on this game, yes the tech is quite controvesal, I am a big critic of ubisoft and have always been, gadgets in pervious games didnt work properly, I just feel with this game, they have achieved a really good balance, having the drone intel still wont stop your team from getting cut to shreds if they just attempt to run and gun.

This brings me back to the point about the community. I understand a good community can drive a game, but adding the options like your suggesting takes a long time, then they would have to re-address the balance and class system that they have used. Redstorm will be watching when the game launches to see how its being received, I know that they have DLC in the pipeline and title update will be one of the first thing they will be seeing too.

Discuss.

Visitor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EVIL IIIIIIIIII
    too many errors in your post,i dont care to discuss

thanks anyway

Visitor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dublin hitman PSN ID: Dublinhitman
    Intel in gr was a way point / grid reference on a map and your team mates crosscom/cam
    Grfs has way too much gadgets it's like 'sharper image' took a dump all over ghost recon .
    R4C are just waiting for the release and if any changes are made to hosting and customising lobbies then it's all good
    But as the beta goes at the moment known of us are even playing it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XcL Lionheart
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinhitman View Post
    Intel in gr was a way point / grid reference on a map and your team mates crosscom/cam
    Grfs has way too much gadgets it's like 'sharper image' took a dump all over ghost recon .
    R4C are just waiting for the release and if any changes are made to hosting and customising lobbies then it's all good
    But as the beta goes at the moment known of us are even playing it
    DublinHitman? This IrishHitman? As in XceLLence?

Despite not changing my opinion on banning gadgets like UAVS i see you point spankalot and would like to congradulate you on outposting Evil...

However i disagree with using sensor grenades because despite the UAV leaving you a man down the sensor grenades provide no negatives to their use and too strong of an outcome.

IMO the sensor grenades would be a much more balanced piece of tech if they marked the position to were in upon exploding, for example the "last position seen" on TC:SC:Conviction.

As this way they identify your location but give you chance to move if you wish without being followed with X-ray vision through a wall.
    XceLLence | XcL Lionheart

Www.n7-Studios.Com/Web

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by XcL Lionheart View Post

Despite not changing my opinion on banning gadgets like UAVS i see you point spankalot and would like to congradulate you on outposting Evil...

However i disagree with using sensor grenades because despite the UAV leaving you a man down the sensor grenades provide no negatives to their use and too strong of an outcome.

IMO the sensor grenades would be a much more balanced piece of tech if they marked the position to were in upon exploding, for example the "last position seen" on TC:SC:Conviction.

As this way they identify your location but give you chance to move if you wish without being followed with X-ray vision through a wall.
    Apologies for Grammar, posted and then i couldn't find an edit button when i re-read it....

Www.n7-Studios.Com/Web

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sir SpankalotUK PSN ID: Sir_SpankalotUK Steam ID: sir_spankalotuk
    Quote Originally Posted by XcL Lionheart View Post

I can see what you mean about the sensor grenades, but carrying them around, I am not able to equip frags. So i basically get 2 x 10 seconds of intel over the space of about 50metres, there are times when I would love to have frags instead.

I guess the proof will be when people start having clan matches and see how it goes, I would to try and get some of the staffers from here and go up against some of the community, just to try it out and see how it works out. The games I witnessed at the Redstorm day, where people were communicating lots, was quite something to behold.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sir SpankalotUK View Post
    I can see what you mean about the sensor grenades, but carrying them around, I am not able to equip frags. So i basically get 2 x 10 seconds of intel over the space of about 50metres, there are times when I would love to have frags instead.

I guess the proof will be when people start having clan matches and see how it goes, I would to try and get some of the staffers from here and go up against some of the community, just to try it out and see how it works out. The games I witnessed at the Redstorm day, where people were communicating lots, was quite something to behold.
    Honestly havent played as any other class other than rifleman so i was unaware that sensors = no frags, i just usually see a sensor followed by a frag.

Yup nothing can be definitive until we get out hands on a non respawn gamemode, within the full game.

Www.n7-Studios.Com/Web

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: P2C FireFly Steam ID: FireflyP2C
    you have all played the game for the last few days.. now its time to figure out some ladder settings.. as we do not have any options for turning crap off... i would like to know what you guys want for the ladder and how we can make it work.

So far the challenge notes are basic

Gametype: Conflict, Sabateur, Decoy, Seige
    Team Size: 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6
    Best of 3 maps, 5 maps, 7 maps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Conflict would be fine, but every one knows about the i shot you first and then i don't die. For it to work as even hosting your own match the severs need to be a hundred percent sorted..